A belated Happy New Year to you all. The good news is that 35 of you have renewed your subscription; that is 70% of our pre-Covid membership. Thank you all. Any member who intends to renew but has not yet done so, please contact Alan Popper our Membership Secretary who will be pleased to hear from you. During these unusual times my over-riding aim is to maintain the club and its activities as fully as possible. As important, is to keep in contact with you all so that when permitted we have a viable, active club to return to. Government restrictions mean we cannot have monthly, face to face Thursday evening meetings, nor training sessions. However we have been running online demonstrations and club meetings at the usual times online. Peter Dixon has arranged a programme of stimulating meetings for this year. I know these do not appeal to some members but they do have advantages so please give them a try. They allow;
- Demonstrators from all parts of the country and abroad, who cannot normally get to Hereford.
- Cameras are giving much better views than we ever see in the Headway demonstrations.
- Recordings of demonstrations allow reviewing and revisiting demonstrations.
- As demonstrators do not travel they have their own workshop, full of tools to use.
- Follow up meetings for Q & A sessions are arranged and there is the opportunity to catch up with other members and their turnings.
The 2021 programme is on the website now. We are looking for volunteers to show us their workshops or latest turnings on Club Nights. Simple kit like phones or tablets will suffice and we can help you appear at these meetings with simple advice. Please do step forward. When restrictions ease, the club has plans to restart activities with appropriate safeguards. You will be notified as soon as we know what is allowed. Keep well and keep turning.
Chairman, Herefordshire Woodturners